The CSPM certification is intended for those working in a leadership position or those plan to advance to a leadership role. Sterile processing leadership is responsible for managing the daily operations of the Central Service Department including standards and regulation compliance, finance, reporting, staffing, human resource management, and inter- and intra-departmental communications.
The cost of the CSPM certification is $125 and the requirements prior to the examination are the following:
Only one of the following requirements must be met.
- Minimum of 24 months full-time (or equivalent part-time) experience as a hands-on SPD Supervisor or Manager
- Minimum of 24 months full-time (or equivalent part-time) experience in allied health (i.e. surgical technician) AND 24 months in SPD with successful completion of a Sterile Processing management course
- Minimum of 36 months full-time (or equivalent part-time) experience as an SPD Technician or Lead Technician AND successful completion of a Sterile Processing management course.
The cost of the CSPDT re-certification is $100 and the requirements are the followings:
- CEU’s to Re-certify: 150 in five years
- CEU’s Bonus 5 points for full time per year
The exam has 100 questions, the passing score is 70, and you have 2 hours to complete the exam.