The CSPDT certification is the introductory certification for sterile processing personnel, it indicates that a tech is competent to perform the role of a sterile processing technician. This certification is the minimum requirement for any state and/or facility that requires sterile processing techs to be certified. Furthermore, the CSPDT is required in order to pursue the CIS certification. This certification is accredited by the NCCA and is recognized internationally.
The cost of the CSPDT certification is $125 and the requirements prior to the examination are the following:
Only one of the following requirements must be met.
- Completion of 12 months of full-time employment or equivalent part-time hours performing SPD activities.
- Completion of a Central Service/SPD Training Course with a passing grade of 70 or higher.
- Completion of 6 months (each) of full-time employment or equivalent part-time hours in related allied health (clinical healthcare profession) as well as performing SPD activities in CS/SPD.
- Completion of 12 months of healthcare product sales or service related to the SPD profession.
The cost of the CSPDT re-certification is $100 and the requirements are the followings:
- CEU’s to Re-certify: 100 IN FIVE YEARS
- CEU’s Bonus 50 points for full time employment over the 5 years.
The exam have 100 questions, the passing score is 70, and you have 2 hours to complete the exam.