The Certification Board for Sterile Processing and Distribution (CBSPD) offers the Certified Flexible Endoscope Reprocessor (CFER) exam to certify individuals in the reprocessing of flexible endoscopes. This is currently the only available accredited certification program of its type. By obtaining this certification will be designated as an expert in flexible endoscope reprocessing and have the ability to work in both Sterile Processing and GI Endoscopy.
The cost of the CFER certification is $125 and the requirements prior to the examination are the following:
Only one of the following requirements must be met.
- Completion of 12 months of full-time employment or equivalent part-time hours processing flexible endoscopes
- Completion of an Endoscopy Technician course with a minimum of 60 hours and a grade of 70 or higher and 6 months experience processing flexible endoscopes
- Completion of 6 months of full-time employment or equivalent part-time hours processing flexible endoscopes and successful completion of an Endoscopy Training program of at least 8 hours in length
- Sales representative to GI/Endoscopy for 12 months
The cost of the CFER re-certification is $100 and the requirements are the followings:
- CEU’s to Re-certify: 100 IN FIVE YEARS
- CEU’s Bonus 50 points for full-time employment over the 5 years.
The exam has 100 questions, the passing score is 70, and you have 2 hours to complete the exam.