The CASSPT certification was designed to recognize sterile processing individuals that work in ambulatory surgery. This certification covers many of the items that the CSPDT covers, but is tailored for the ambulatory setting. Individuals will be tested on the various subject matter including life science, decontamination, and sterilization among other topics.
The cost of the CASSPT certification is $125 and the requirements prior to the examination are the following:
Only one of the following requirements must be met.
- Completion of 12 months of full-time employment or equivalent part-time hours performing Ambulatory Surgery sterile processing activities
- Completion of an Ambulatory Surgery Sterile Processing Training Course with a passing grade of 70 or higher
- Successful completion of a related allied health (clinical healthcare profession) program and 6 months employment practicing Ambulatory Surgery sterile processing
- Completion of 12 months of healthcare product sales or service related to the Ambulatory Surgery sterile processing profession
The cost of the CASSPT re-certification is $100 and the requirements are the following:
- CEU’s to Re-certify: 100 in five years
- CEU’s Bonus: 50 points for full-time employment over the 5 years.
The exam has 100 questions, the passing score is 70, and you have 2 hours to complete the exam.